Dumbo Feather is an Australian magazine that features conversations with extraordinary people. Its combination of long, meaningful interviews and beautiful photography has made it a favourite of ours for years. Their current issue looks great.
"We have dedicated Dumbo Feather issue #38 to those seeking refuge on our shores, in the hope of adding a human voice to what is becoming a very dehumanising conversation."
It includes interviews with:
- Kon Karapanagiotidis, founder of Melbourne's Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC)
- barrister and human rights advocate Julian Burnside
- Mariam Issa, founder of Resilient Aspiring Women (RAW) and its community garden
- Auschwitz survivor Eva Slonim
- dentist Fern White, who arrived on a boat from Vietnam as a toddler.